The Administrative Assistant supports the operation of the office and activities of WORLDiscoveries in areas of administration, communication and logistics. The incumbent provides support to the Administrative Officer with organization of office records, retention and archiving systems, coordination of office resources, meetings and workshops. The incumbent also assists with the planning and execution of special events and projects. The position provides support to the Manager of Intellectual Property in all matters relating to Intellectual Property correspondence and updating of the Inteum Database. The Administrative Assistant also coordinates and manages the fulfillment/shipping of product orders received through WD’s online marketplace (InnoVerify). The incumbent provides overall administrative support to the unit, including The Executive Director. The Administrative Assistant also provides general information and front line support to visitors to the Department, responds to phone and e-mail inquiries and refers inquiries to other resources.
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per week: 21.00
Hourly rate: $22.50
Please note, this is a temporary contract opportunity with an expected end date of July 27, 2018.
- Community College Diploma (2 year) in an administrative field
- 2 years’ experience in an office administration role including maintaining electronic records
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures including records management & database system
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in professional, respectful and
- Self-motivated multi-tasker with strong organizational
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and follow through on work
- Experience preparing and distributing meeting minutes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and understanding of confidentiality issue
- Experience in event coordination is preferred
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Please apply online no later than July 1, 2017
Select Posting Ref # 10503